Thursday, May 6, 2010

Why I generally won't go to a Best Buy.

Ya know, I don't generally go to Best Buy. Why? Well, because I've happened to notice that they often will not have... the best buy. The cheapest prices. On their goods, you see. And ya know... I just think that's such a crock. It's complete bullshit advertising. Why call yourself Best Buy if you won't always have... the best buy? Why should I trust a store like that? It's idiotic. They often have prices much higher then the lowest you can find. Is that really a best buy? I think not. I think not. That doesn't seem like a business on the up and up. If you name yourself Best Buy, I expect the best buy. They don't deliver. Don't hold up their end of the bargain. And where are you? Up a creek without a paddle.

Ya know, what do people do up a creek without a paddle in the first place? Do you ever wonder about that? Don't people generally skinny dip in a creek? It's kinda... shallow, and you'll usually see some cat tails along the shore... it's very rustic looking. People will skinny dip in those environs. But then, why have a paddle? A paddle doesn't suit you if you're gonna skinny dip. People use paddles with canoes, right? Canoeing with a paddle, that makes sense. Or a kayak, I suppose. What's the difference between a canoe and a kayak? Is a kayak just a one-man version of a canoe? You never do see multiple people situated on a kayak, it's always a solo operation. Like a lone eagle, or something. Canoes can seat many people though. I remember reading a Jules Verne story... The Mysterious Island, where the castaways fashioned a simple canoe from the trunk of a tree. Marvelous chapter, they chipped away at the inside of the trunk and had this canoe to seat more then one. Canoes seem much more useful then kayaks, I gotta tell ya.

"Talking out of turn...that's a paddling. Looking out the window...that's a paddling. Staring at my sandals...that's a paddling. Paddling the school canoe...ooh, you better believe that's a paddling."

-The Simpsons, The PTA Disbands

No comments:

Post a Comment