Saturday, May 30, 2009

Warhammer 40k Space Marine! Wait, it's console only... WTF?!


ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

IGN's pre-E3 reveal of Warhammer 40k Space Marine

That old tech demo was kinda funny with the PR guy's overuse of "cinemaction", but it looked pretty impressive in most other aspects. And now Relic's doing it? This is now my most wanted game.

Well, tied with AvP 3, at least.

Though... when you think about it for a sec, the naming for these games is a bit lackadaisical. First "Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior", and now "Warhammer 40k: Space Marine"? Couldn't they have thought up something a bit more memorable and less uh... obvious and perfunctory?

Anyone else just realize that that cover art is all wrong? Everybody knows that SM squad leaders don't wear helmets. They're just so darn tough they don't even fear headshots. So um, just watched the video... almost had an orgasm. They took everything cool about DoW's sync kills and stuck em all into this game, apparently. Also, did anyone else think that the Orbital Bombardment there was a little more powerful then the one in DoW 2?

Oh, and of course... if this is only coming to consoles, I will murder someone. I really will. But Relic wouldn't do something like that. I still have faith in the God Emperor.

Wait... lemme see...

"this time only for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."



...



...



...



I am going to kill somebody.

Someone stop me, I'm going to go on a murderous rampage.

*cries*

I swear to God... if this really is console-exclusive, I'm never buying another Relic game.

Why do I feel this way? Like I've been stabbed in the back? Betrayed, perhaps?

Well, when you're known for a long line of PC RTSs, with several of them being in the friggin Warhammer 40k universe... making a new Warhammer 40k game that's console-only is kinda lame. I mean, what's is Relic known for? Homeworld, Homeworld 2, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Dawn of War 2. All PC exclusive games. And now this? Way to spit on your fans, Relic.

See, I'm fine with them expanding player interest in their franchise. I'd be fine with DoW 2 getting ported to consoles. I don't have a problem with Relic turning away from the RTS genre to make a sort of third person action RPG/shooter. I'm not saying people with consoles shouldn't be able to play this game. What I'm saying is that people with PCs should be able to play this game. Relic should release this for the PC, seeing as how it made its entire reputation and fanbase from PC games. Building up a sterling reputation on the backs of PC gamers and then completely abandoning them with a console-only game is heinous.

But hey, prove me wrong. Maybe there will be a PC port. *shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment