Friday, May 22, 2009

Who knew textbooks left lasting memories?

I finally did it.

Finally... I found out what had been bothering me for about a week. it was this little niggling feeling in the back of my brain that would not stop bothering me. But through hard work and some perseverance, it's been solved.

The thing is, I've been watching all the episodes of The Office in this one long monster marathon. Just cause I uh, tend to do that when I get obsessed about something. Same thing happened when I watched Lost, finished it in a day and a half. Really really draining. Well, The Office is about a regional branch of this paper company called Dunder-Mifflin. For some reason, the name really sounded familiar, but I could not for the life of me place it. It was like a faint deja vu feeling, ya know? So it went around and around in my head until just now, I went browsing and hit a site for textbooks. And that's when it hit me... all the textbooks I used from elementary and middle school, most of em were made by this textbook company called Houghton-Mifflin. That's why it sounded so familiar on the show. Not sure about mathematics, those might've been by a different company. But definitely social studies. I remember this one textbook in particular named "From Sea to Shining Sea." Very educational but also well illustrated, with full splash pages of indian longcabins... information about making pemmican... neat stuff like that. Gosh, I cannot believe I still remember that... a fucking middle school textbook and I'm 24 right now. That's pretty scary. Very scary, actually.

So yea, I'm uh, I'm pretty happy right now. Big accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment