Saturday, January 3, 2009

BattleTech: Listen to me rant.

(To properly read this, just think about John Rambo's speech at the end of First Blood, and you'll get the right tone.)

You know, I'm kinda pissed off. This has nothing to do with anything in real life, just BattleTech in general. I'm pissed off because they call my BattleTech "Classic BattleTech" now. Like I'm some sort of old fogey, hanging onto the classics, watching a ton of VH1, etc. Like hell it's classic. I started reading BattleTech when I was 8, now I'm 23 years old. I'm not ancient. And it isn't Classic by any means. This title of "Classic BattleTech" just rubs me the wrong way.


And why is it classic? Because we had to make way for the new Dark Ages. For the new fans, who can't be bothered to read about Aidan Pryde or Joanna or Hanse or any of the pivotal characters. What a joke. Who goes into BattleTech wanting to see nukes? Isn't the whole appeal of BattleTech based on BattleMechs? Not a flurry of nukes followed by AgroMechs. I didn't leave BattleTech behind... it left me behind. And now it calls my era Classic. Like I'm a fossil. A dinosaur.

I'm not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment