Saturday, January 3, 2009

Star Trek: A Shitty List

Oh my god... this is the worst list I've ever seen:

Shitty List

I just can't comprehend anyone placing TWOK below first or second. It just doesn't make any logical sense. Dismay grows heavy in my heart.

Some have criticized Kirk's midlife crisis in the plot, but
I didn't have a problem with that, it made him much more human, instead of a caricature. And it had only partly to do with his age. Much of it was concentrated around his life as a deskbound admiral pushing data readouts. Seemed like a natural development. Didn't grate on me at all. Actually, I think the first time I watched it as a kid, I was really only bothered by the fact that the Reliant was taken over so easily and that we as the audience didn't get to see any of that.

Some people occasionally have VI The Undiscovered Country as their number one.

I can see where they're coming from with that. VI was also done by Nicholas Meyer and great in its own way.

VI was just more of a whodunit instead of a pure action adventure like TWOK. The ending battle with the Excelly and the BoP was fine, but the preceding scenes of Kirk and McCoy escaping from the mining prison and everybody searching through their drawers on the Enterprise... those didn't really captivate me. I'll always just remember it as the fitting swan song for the TOS crew that the TNG crew never got.

No comments:

Post a Comment