Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resident Evil Degeneration

A Resident Evil animated flick just got released this year called RE Degeneration. Without going into too many words, just let me say that it's... a piece of shit. And yea, this is a pretty short review. But hey, would you really want me to tear into it with a scene by scene breakdown like I did with 28 Weeks Later? Just don't watch it, it's terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

I'm not sure if anyone else is aware, but the Resident Evil series in Japan is actually titled Biohazard. See, that just doesn't do it for me. I mean... Resident Evil, that's kinda catchy in a less literal sense then Biohazard.

Biohazard though, it could mean anything. Someone slipped and broke a test tube containing a mild strain of the mumps? That's a biohazard! A box of used needles that accidently got spilled? There's a biohazard...

It doesn't quite conjure up the terror of a full on zombie outbreak. I mean, a horde of bloodthirsty zombies stumbling towards you, that's slightly more then just a "biohazard."

No comments:

Post a Comment